We are seeking to appoint Volunteer Country Coordinators to be our main point of contact with the Groups we deal with in Africa. You will be a key link to ensuring that the groups have their applications considered and where granted helping to make sure that the tools reach their eventual destination.
The roles can be carried out either from home and / or a base in the nearest refurbishment centre
This is a time consuming and challenging role so does require a substantial commitment. However, it’s also a very rewarding role.
The main elements of the role are
· Receiving applications for tools which include information about the organisations
and the tools they are requesting
· Recording this information into a spreadsheet, giving it an application number and
· Assessing the application and following agreed guidelines making an offer of tools
which includes the applicants contribution to shipping costs
· When the applicant is ready to pay their shipping costs you will record this and the
Applicant becomes a recipient as they are then added to a container Spreadsheet and the tools are sent on the next container with space
· At this time liaising with others to ensure that the tools required are available and
can be shipped
· Attending a twice yearly meeting of country coordinators in Ipswich
Because this is such a key role, enhancing and developing our reputation and impact across Africa, this can only be appointed by the Chief Executive. Also, as we are a Christian charity and all our partners are Christian organisations, current legislation requires this role to be filled by someone of the Christian faith. Some of the other key things are as follows:-
· You should have a good understanding of Microsoft Excel and be able to populate
spreadsheets accurately and with an eye for detail
· You should be at ease with email, Microsoft Office and either know or be willing to
learn, Google for Business
· You should be able to reply promptly and courteously to email requests and to
applicants seeking reassurance we have received their shipping donation
· You should be able to work well in a team and be able to support other members of
the Country Coordinator team
· You must be able to respect the personal information applicants share in line with
our privacy and data retention policy
· You should be show professionalism, and your Christian faith should be evident in
communication where you are dealing with people who may not have English as
their first language or to whom email does not come naturally
We provide a Full induction and training programme and a Country Coordinator best practice Handbook and volunteer handbook on starting. You will also have Regular contact and support from senior volunteers and staff. You will be entitled to Subsidised overseas visits and accommodation and travel costs if needed for the twice yearly meetings in Ipswich.
You will gain the warm feeling of being able to make a difference. You will have a chance to meet new people and to learn new skills. You will expand your horizons and gain real empathy with the people of Africa and their needs. This is an eye opening and rewarding role with an incredible impact across Africa.