Our supported volunteering programmes can help in a number of ways, depending on your individual needs. We can help with:
- Mental Health and Learning Disability: If you have additional needs, or may face barriers accessing volunteering opportunities, we can put you in touch with the appropriate support.
- Young Volunteers: We provide additional support to 14-18 year olds to access a wide range of volunteering opportunities. You can also be a positive role model by befriending a young person and encouraging them to try new things and achieve new goals.
- Volunteering and Training: We offer 8-week placements for those with additional needs to learn retail and customer service skills, with the aim of progressing into paid employment, further volunteering or training.
- Volunteer Management: We support local organisations with volunteer brokerage, training and one to one guidance on recruiting and managing volunteers.
Some of the support we can offer includes:
- Finding a volunteer role that fits your needs and goals
- Helping you to fill in forms and prepare for interviews
- Going with you to new places
- Being there to help you settle in
- Keeping in touch to make sure things are going well
- Supporting you to do free training while you volunteer
- Running social events where you can meet other volunteers
If you are a professional wishing to refer a volunteer for support then please fill in our client referral form. You will find this online or you can download the form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.If you feel you may benefit from support to volunteer then please email email@example.com or call 020 8685 1771 and ask to speak to someone from our volunteering team.
The information we collect in the supported volunteering referral form is confidential to MVSC. You are entitled to inspect any record we keep about you. We may share details about you with other organisations but will only share information if it helps to support your progress. No information will be passed on to a third party without your consent.