We manage specialist volunteering programmes for adults and young people with mental health issues, learning disabilities and physical or sensory disabilities.
We also run a specialist programme for young people that may face barriers to accessing volunteering such as young offenders, young people in care and young people not in education or employment.
In April 2015 we launched a brand new youth befriending project that recruits and matches peer volunteers with young people to assist them to volunteer or to attend community events.
Our supported volunteering programmes can help in a number of ways, depending on your individual needs. Some of the support we can offer includes:
- Finding a volunteer role that fits your needs and goals
- Helping you to fill in forms and prepare for interviews
- Going with you to new places
- Being there to help you settle in
- Keeping in touch to make sure things are going well
- Supporting you to do free training while you volunteer
- Running social events where you can meet other volunteers
If you feel you may benefit from support to volunteer then please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8685 1771 and ask to speak to someone from our Volunteering Team.
If you are a professional wishing to refer a volunteer for support then please fill in our client referral form. You will find this online or you can download the form and email it to email@example.com.